: Career Diplomat. At the rank and status of an Ambassador.
Joined Bangladesh Foreign Service in 1995.
: Ambassador Extra-ordinary and Plenipotentiary of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh to the Socialist Republic of Vietnam since 25 August 2017. Ambassador of Bangladesh to Lao P.D.R. with residence in Hanoi since 06 November 2018.
: Deputy High Commissioner/Consul General, Bangladesh Deputy High Commission in Mumbai, India from 20 September 2013 to 18 August 2017. First woman diplomat to open a new diplomatic Mission for Bangladesh (in Mumbai, India).
: Master of Social Science in International Relations with Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) in International Relations from the University of Dhaka.
: Served as Second Secretary at the Bangladesh Embassy in The Hague, the Netherlands (1999-2000), as First Secretary/Counsellor for Social and Human Rights and Humanitarian Issues at the Bangladesh Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York (2001-2005) and in Bangladesh High Commission in New Delhi as Counsellor (Political) from 2005 to 2007.
At the Ministry, worked as Assistant Secretary in the Americas (1995-’96), International Organizations (1997), SAARC(1998), Policy and Organizations (1998), Personnel (1999), West Asia sections (2000). Worked as the first woman Deputy Chief of Protocol for Visit (2007), served as Director for Foreign Minister’s Office from Dec 2007 to Sept 2008 (first woman officer to serve in the position). Worked as Director for Americas and Pacific, Counter Terrorism and Trafficking in Persons from 2009 to 2011, Director General and Coordinator for First World Marketing Summit, March 2012 and Director General for Research from June 2012 to September 2013.
: Has interest and worked in the areas of security issues, counter terrorism, trafficking in persons, disaster management, human rights issues, advancement and empowerment of women, rights of the child etc.
: Attended several trainings at home and abroad & awarded certificates for-
- Workshop on National Security and Civil-Military Relations in Bangladesh 16 to 19 November 2009 Dhaka by APCSS, Hawaii.
- Trade & Health Workshop 2010, WHO and Foreign Service Academy, Dhaka.
- Workshop on Counter Terrorism Capacity Building, Dhaka, 2010 by Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies (BIPSS) & UK Govt.
- Bangladesh-US joint Counter Terrorism Exercise (Tiger Shark), Dhaka and Chittagong, Bangladesh, 2010.
- Bangladesh-US Disaster Management Workshop – Disaster Response Exercise and Exchange (DREE) 25 to 29 September 2011, Dhaka.
- Regional Conference on Countering Violent Extremism Through Strategic Communications, 16 to 18 January 2012, Dhaka by Bangladesh Enterprise Institute (BEI) and Centre for Civil-Military Relations (CCMR), Office of the Secretary of Defense, USA.
- Diplomatic course, Sept.-Oct. 1998- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Middle East Technical University (METU), Turkey.
- WTO Workshop, 2002 by United Nations Institute of Training and Research (UNITAR), UN Headquarters, New York.
- Mid-level Diplomatic Course for Foreign Diplomats, April 2005, Foreign Service Institute, Ministry of External Affairs, India.
: Participated in numerous United Nations & international Conferences and served as Bangladesh delegate to the UN and in several capacities under UN framework: Rapporteur for UN Ad-Hoc Committee on the future of the UN Women Research and Training Institute in 2002 and submitted a report to the UN. Served at the Ad-Hoc Committee of the drafting group of the UN Convention on the rights and privileges of the Persons with Disability.
- UN Special Session on Children, 2002, New York;
- UN Conference on Ageing, Madrid, 2003;
- UN Conference on Family in Doha, Nov. 2004 and Follow up of UN Family Conference at Brigham Young University (BYU), Provo, Utah, USA-2005.
- Presented two Resolutions at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) with chairing the discussions and adopted them unanimously without votes: UNGA Resolution on Culture of Peace in November 2003.
- Jointly sponsoring with the UK, Chaired the Bangladesh steered UNGA resolution on Mainstreaming a Gender Perspective into all system of the United Nations including its Member-States in 2004.
- Presented and defended Bangladesh’s 6the Periodic Report to CEDAW (Commission on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Woman) in 2004.
: Participated actively and contributed to the outcome document of the following UN Conferences-
- SAARC meeting on trafficking in Women and children, New Delhi, 2007.
- 13th SAARC Summit, in Dhaka; 14th SAARC Summit, in New Delhi.
- Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, 2007, Kampala, Uganda.
- Trafficking in Persons Study Tour, February 2011, Washington D.C.
- SAARC Regional Task Force Meeting on Trafficking in Women and Children, 25 to 26 November 2011 in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Bangladesh-India Security Dialogue, 20-21 December 2011, Dhaka.
- Member and contributor for first ever Bangladesh Fact Finding Mission to South and Central Americas (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Panama, Jamaica and Mexico from 27 July to 10 August 2011).
: English, Bangla (mother tongue), working knowledge of French and Hindi.
: Bangladeshi. Born on 14 March 1969 in Dhaka. Married to Muhammad Ehsanul Haque. Mother of: Zahra Haque (daughter) and Samin Haque (son)/Born in 2008.